Breakfast smoothies don't have to be all fruits and veggies! Try this chocolatey milkshake recipe everyone will love!Read More
Peach Walnut Power Muffins have absolutely ZERO added sugar and are packed with fiber and whole grains. They make a great snack, or serve 'em up with a serving of Greek yogurt for a balanced breakfast.Read More
In honor of #NationalWaffleDay I decided to tantalize your tastebuds with this super simple recipe for Chocolate Protein Waffles. And to make it that much more enticing, it's topped with a scrumptious nonfat peanut butter drizzle. What's not to love?!
Chocolate Protein Waffle with Peanut Butter Drizzle
Dig in to this high protein waffle that's got all the flavor minus the guilt.
Serving Size: 2 small wafflesPrep time:
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk Power Cakes mix by Kodiak Cakes
- 1 large whole egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 6-8 tablespoons nonfat milk or unsweetened almond milk
- For the PB Drizzle: 3 tablespoons nonfat PB powder, 3 tablespoons milk of choice, 1 packet Splenda or sweetener or choice (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, adding milk by the tablespoon until you reach a thick consistency that you can still pour.
- Heat and spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour half the batter onto the iron. Close, seal, and turn after 1-2 minutes. Do the same with 2nd half of batter (makes 2 small waffles)/
- Combine the PB powder with milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Top onto waffles and enjoy!