After a full day of food prep and seeing clients, it's always good to get home to an easy dinner with my husband and son. Plus, my little got to try these adorable CORN DOG NUGGETS I whipped up earlier in the day. He's a big hot dog fan so I figured we had a good chance of these being a total win - and they were!
And just because they're teeny tiny doesn't mean adults can't eat them too. Add them to your meal prep menu this week -- you won't regret it.
Corn Dog Nuggets
Mini Corn Dog Nuggets are a well-balanced lunch or dinner bite perfect for little (and big) hands!
Serving Size: 4-6 nuggetsPrep time:
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Cornbread Mix
- 1 3/4 cup nonfat milk (I prefer Fairlife brand)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 all-beef organic hot dogs, cut in 3rds, then in half lengthwise (I used Applegate Farms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients by hand -- do not overmix.
- Fill each mini muffin tin with cornbread batter and place 1 hotdog piece in the center of each. Continue with the rest of the hotdog bites and batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the tops of the nuggets are golden brown.
- Serve warm with ketchup, mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce!