Who can resist an Everything Bagel Waffle?? And one smothered in cream cheese frosting?! Dig in to this recipe that packs a whopping 41 grams of protein per serving and under 400 calories.
Everything Bagel Protein Waffle with Cream Cheese Frosting
This savory waffle packs 41 grams of protein and less than 400 calories.
Serving Size: 2 small wafflesPrep time:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk Power Cakes mix by Kodiak Cakes
- 1 large whole egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 6-8 tablespoons nonfat milk or unsweetened almond milk
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting: 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese, 1 packet Splenda or sweetener or choice (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, adding milk by the tablespoon until you reach a thick consistency that you can still pour.
- Heat and spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour half the batter onto the iron. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning. Close, seal, and turn after 1-2 minutes. Do the same with 2nd half of batter (makes 2 small waffles)/
- Combine the cream cheese with sweetener of choice. Spread the cream cheese onto the hot waffles, followed by another sprinkle of Everything Bagel Seasoning. Enjoy!