I've been dying to make healthy cereal bars. And when I came across Kashi by Kids brand new breakfast cereals made with whole grains and chickpeas, I was totally inspired. First and foremost, these new kids cereals don't disappoint. I picked up the Cocoa Crisp flavor which literally reminds me of Cocoa Krispies - yum! They also have a berry flavor and cinnamon, which look like little tiny cinnamon rolls. So cute and so fun!
You can make this recipe using any of your favorite cereals and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry. So there's no excuse not to get cooking, or not cooking since this is a NO BAKE recipe. Mouth watering already?
Note: the nutrition does not account for the chocolate drizzle. It's just 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips + 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil; melt in microwave and drizzle on top.
No-Bake Breakfast Bars
Mouth watering already? Make these cereal breakfast bars ASPA.
Serving Size: 1 barPrep time:
- 2 cups Kashi by Kids Cocoa Crisp cereal, or your favorite whole grain cereal
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, or other nut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- Put the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the honey and peanut butter in the microwave or stove top, stir until well combined. Pour the honey and butter mixture over the cereal. Stir to coat well.
- Press the cereal mixture into a baking dish. Place in the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Cereal bars best if stored in the freezer.
- Cut into 9 bars; serve with a glass of milk or serving of Greek yogurt for a protein boost!