Thought I'd get in on the action for #WaffleWednesday with this yummy recipe for FUNFETTI PROTEIN WAFFLES aka Birthday Cake Waffles with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting!
Seriously though, rainbow sprinkles make everything better. You could absolutely make this recipe without them, but the again, they wouldn't be as awesome.
Waffles are an easy way to get a bunch of good-for-you protein in to my little carb-aholic's belly. So I'm all about whipping them up in different ways to keep him entertained and nourished. Plus, I found my husband snacking on them too!
This recipe makes 2 waffles - eat them both or save some for later. One waffle with frosting has 28.5 grams of Protein, 23.5 grams of Carbs and 8.5 grams of Fat.
Funfetti Protein Waffles with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Celebrate every day with these yummy high protein Birthday Cake Waffles!
Serving Size: 2 small wafflesPrep time:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk Power Cakes mix by Kodiak Cakes
- 1 large whole egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 6-8 tablespoons nonfat milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Frosting: 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese + 2 tablespoons milk of choice + 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, adding milk by the tablespoon until you reach a thick consistency that you can still pour.
- Heat and spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour half the batter onto the iron. Close, seal, and turn after 1-2 minutes. Do the same with 2nd half of batter (makes 2 small waffles)/
- Combine cream cheese, milk and protein powder with a whisk in a small bowl until smooth. Top onto waffles and enjoy!