Ladies and gents, you have not lived until you have tried these drool-worthy PUMPKIN SPICE PROTEIN CAKE POPS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE!! Ok so maybe it's not a live-or-die situation, but OMG you are missing out if you don't get your hands on these pops ASAP.
Pumpkin Protein Cake Pops with White Chocolate Coating
Starbuck's got nothin' on these protein packed pumpkin cake pops!
Serving Size: 1 Cake PopPrep time:
- 1 1/2 cups Birch Benders Pumpkin Spice Paleo Pancake Mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Protein Frosting: 1 tablespoon nonfat milk + 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder + 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt + 1 tablespoons Swerve granulated sugar
- White Chocolate topping: 1 cup white melting chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9-x-13-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine well with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before moving to next step.
- Crumble the cake into a large bowl with your hands. Mix the ingredients for the protein frosting in a small bowl, then add it to the crumbled cake. Mix with hands and form small balls about the size of meatballs. Then place in fridge to set.
- For the chocolate coating: melt the chocolates as instructed on package. Place candy sticks in the ends of the cake balls. Dip and roll the cake pops in the melted white chocolate. Top with favorite sprinkles. Allow to set in the fridge before serving.