Wake your family up with the warm aroma of pumpkin pie - except healthy! This Pumpkin French Toast recipe is one that you can whip up in a flash and feel good about serving to your loved ones. In fact, it makes a good afternoon snack too!
Here’s the details and how it fits in to your clean eating routine:
Nutrition per 2 slices - 233 calories // 10 grams total fat // 17 grams protein // 24 grams carbs // 5 grams fiber // 5 grams sugar
Pumpkin French Toast
Start your day with this fall inspired Pumpkin French Toast recipe that's packed with protein and whole grains too.
Serving Size: 2 slicesPrep time:
- 2 slices light whole grain bread (45-50 calories per slice)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pureee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk eggs with milk, pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt. Place bread slices into the pumpkin custard mixture and let soak, about 30 seconds per side.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1-teaspoon butter. Add the soaking bread slices and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.