Nothing says caribbean like the flavors of coconut on a hot summer day. What's better than a cold popsicle to cool off with? One that tastes like coconut!! These Coconut Protein Popsicles will have your mouth watering in no time.
Popsicles are super easy to make and they don't have to be filled with sugar. All you need is a blender and some popsicle molds. I got mine for $10 but I know you can find them at the dollar store. The best part is, you can fill your molds with any flavors you like. You can even put whole fruits inside or try the layered effect.
For these pops, I went with coconut, because well, coconut is delicious and so good for you! The only ingredients are vanilla protein powder, lite coconut milk, ice and shredded coconut. Throw in some pineapple and you have a pina colada!
Now it's your turn: What's your favorite summer-time flavors? Have you tried making popsicles yourself?
Coconut Protein Popsicles
makes 4 servings -- prep time: 125 minutes -- cook time: none
- 1/4-1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a blender, blend the coconut milk, protein powder and ice into a thick smoothie.
- Add the shredded coconut, stirring to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into your molds and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen. Enjoy!
Try adding fresh pineapple chunks for a tropical treat!