When your grain-free granola recipe gets a makeover you end up with Butter Toffee Chewy Grain Free Granola and it doesn't disappoint!
Following a Keto diet? How about gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, etc? I got you covered! Yes you can make this dairy free by using a butter substitute. But I promise you, the butter makes it all that much better.
A couple heaping tablespoons of this chewy snack on top of your favorite yogurt (or ice cream, shhhh I won't tell) will certainly satisfy your cravings (in a healthy way) in no time.
Butter Toffee Chewy Grain Free Granola
Scrumptious grain-free granola perfect on its own or as a nutritious yogurt topping!
Serving Size: Makes 10 servingPrep time:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup each pepitas and sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1/4 cup light or whipped butter
- 1/3 cup sugar-free caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the chopped nuts, seeds, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Heat the butter, caramel syrup, molasses and salt over medium heat in a small saucepan for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the warm mixture over the nuts and seeds. Then add the flaxmeal to the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt, ice cold milk, or on its own!
Nutrition Facts per ¼ cup serving: calories 228, total fats 20 g, saturated fat 5 g, trans fat 0 g, protein 6 g, sodium 87 mg, total carbohydrate 9 g, fiber 4 g, sugar 4 g