Now that Halloween is coming to an end, it's time to figure out what to do with your leftover pumpkins. Instead of leaving them to rot in the compost (or garbage), dig out the guts and give the seeds a quick roasting for a nutritious and totally delicious snack. You can flavor them however you'd like but I prefer a simple dusting of pink himalayan sea salt. Your kids will have a blast scooping out the insides and you can feel great about giving them a healthy treat!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Don't toss your Halloween pumpkins! Instead roast up the seeds for a salty, crunchy, super healthy snack!
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Raw pumpkin seeds, cleaned and rinsed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Salt of any kind (I used Himalayan sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Scoop out the inside of the pumpkin into a large bowl.
- Carefully separate the seeds from the pulp and place the seeds in a colander.
- Rinse the seeds thoroughly to make sure no pulp is left on the seeds.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread out the cleaned seeds onto the sheet trying to make one layer. Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings or some salt.
- Bake the pumpkin seeds for 30-45 minutes, or until lightly browned. The seeds are done when they are crisp. Allow to cool before digging in.