💥 Protein Blueberry Muffins! 💥
Literally the only things I make these days are treats for my 1-year old son. I like giving him yummy foods that can double as a part of a meal or a quick snack - so that means whatever it is has to have ingredients that do double duty.
Muffins tend to be an easy snack that he enjoys and will eat multiple times per day even, lol. Enter PROTEIN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!!
These hearty muffins are only 155 calories each! Plus, they have 6 grams of protein each and only 10 grams of sugar. They're moist and delicious too, and super easy to make!
Protein Blueberry Muffins
These protein packed blueberry muffins make the perfect on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack!
Serving Size: Makes 12 muffinsPrep time:
- 1 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes All-Purpose Baking Mix (link below)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Combine the dry ingedients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Create a well in the center of the dry mixture. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold in with a large spoon.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Add the blueberries to the batter and fold in, discarding any extra flour that did not stick to the blueberries. This will help keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Bake on the center rack for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan; then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store half in the freezer and half in an airtight container.
Nutrition Per Muffin: Calories 155, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g, Carbs 22g, Fiber 2g, Sugar 10g, Protein 6g
Where to Find the Kodiak Cakes All-Purpose Baking Mix
I really like this flour because it’s packed with protein and whole grains. Plus, it bakes up really well in all different kinds of baked goods. You can find it at your local grocery store or at the following link on Amazon: Kodiak Cakes All-Purpose Baking Mix