Hi, I'm Shoshana!
Everyone's got a friend who's got a Chiropractor who is also a Nutritionist who's peddling a whole slew of herbal supplements you can barely pronounce that are sure to cure your body ailments. Well, I'm not that person.
Ten+ years ago
I was that girl who obsessed over her meals and workouts. Because if I made one mistake that meant I'd ruined everything. All I knew was that I just wanted to be normal again. There had to be a way to have the body and health I wanted without making myself crazy.
I'm more comfortable in my skin and in better shape than I have been in my entire life. I've learned nutrition is not that serious, and that I will never go on a diet again. That word alone immediately makes you feel restricted. There's always room to enjoy life and the yummy foods that come along the way.
How you benefit...
I've transformed the way I work with clients to help them achieve the happiness I have found while achieving the goals they set out for. There's no hocus-pocus, strict guidelines, or $100s of dollars in shakes and bars you have to buy - just me. A real (new) mom with the same body challenges you face.
What I love about my nutrition private practice:
- Job security
- Freedom to carve my own path and do what I love!
- The ability to start a family and be at home with my baby
- No more 9-5
- Helping others kick dieting to the curb and learn what works for them!
Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, but not everyone can call themselves a Dietitian.
I have a 4-year degree from Florida International University in Dietetics and Nutrition. I continued at FIU where I completed the required 900 hours of accredited internship before sitting for the RD exam. I'm a Registered Dietitian and licensed in New York State.
I am certified as a Sports Dietitian through two organizations: the International Society of Sports Nutrition and the Dietetic Registration. I've also become known for my expertise with kids of all age ranges locally on Long Island. Some other areas I focus on within my practice include:
Weight Loss, Sports Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition, Heart Disease, Gastrointestinal challenges, Sensory Processing Disorder/Picky Eaters, Pre-natal nutrition, Food Intolerances/Allergies, Supplements, Meal Planning, Family Nutrition, Baby Led Weaning, Post-Natal Nutrition, Adolescent and Teens, Meal Prepping, School Nutrition, Grocery Store Tours, and Corporate Wellness.
My Professional Resume Summarized
- Contributing nutrition and supplement writer for Oxygen Magazine (2012 - current)
- Contributing nutrition and supplement writer for FitnessRx for Women Magazine and previous Senior Editor for same publication
- Freelance copywriter for a number of supplement company start-ups and established organizations including Nature's Bounty umbrella of brands (Pure Protein, MET-Rx, Balance Bars, Body Fortress, Disney brand, Osteo Biflex, Ester-C, Nature's Bounty, etc), Evogen Nutrition, Truth Nutrition, Athelite Nutrition, and more.
- Freelance recipe editor and developer for Turner Broadcasting
- Senior Nutrition Editor - the Today Show Dietitian Joy Bauer
- Recipe Analysis and Contributing Nutrition writer for Grey Dog Media PR firm - Hy-Vee grocery stores and Life:Beautiful Magazine
- Web Editor and Product Specialist - Vital Pharmaceuticals Inc. AKA VPX Sports - the maker of Redline Energy Drinks
- Editorial Director/Social Media and counseling Dietitian for Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right, inc. a Child Weight Management Program